Evnet codebase any time soon?

Sep 4, 2008 at 5:58 PM
Hi EvNet Team,

Is there *any* chance you guys are likely to get the EvNet source up anytime soon (i.e. next few weeks)? I am architecting/developing the next generation version of a hosted elearning platform which I believe has a similar architecture to EvNet (one web app with multiple sites identified by URL (UI/entry points), single entity data/object model, SOA) and would find it very, very helpful to see some of the implementation choices you have made. We are in the first third of the development and it would be nice to get my hands on the code for inspiration and to have a proven reference to measure against (there's going to be nothing more frustrating than going in one direction with an element of our solution to find out once we finished it that you had implemented a more elegant solution! - and we missed out!).

Anyway, I appreciate you guys have higher priorities than me and my developments (all the more obvious for watching the recent C9 videos on EvNet/the EvNet team - which was really good btw.), but it would be helpful to at least know if it is on the near horizon or whether I should just resign myself to the fact that it will not be available in time to be useful on this particular development cycle for us.

Keep up the good work though and big kudos for your approach to the being open, sharing and community minded! - It helps me to be all the more a fan of the seamingly 'new' Microsoft!

Kind regards,
Michael Sivers
michael.sivers.co.uk

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM
I guess that's a NO then... :(